Saturday, June 11, 2005

Book tagging

This seems to be the most happening thing at present in most of the blogs Im visiting. So I was surprised and mildly excited when Eroteme asked of me to carry the baton. This is kind of like a chain mail asking you to forward (tag) it to five others. But definitely more interesting than chain mails. So here goes...

Total books I own:
Not many but if you count books related to academia, tinkle, amar chitra katha it might very well go beyond 100. Ive just started building my collection :(

Last book(s) I bought: On June 8th 2005
Prey by Michael Crichton (This story is about nanotechnology and robots ;) ).
The testament by David Morrell.
A Beautiful Mind: The life of Mathematical Genius and Nobel Laureate John Nash by Sylvia Nasar.
Catch 22 by Joeseph Heller.

Last book I read:
Homeland by R A Salvatore.

Current reading:
Exile by R A Salvatore.
Etching in Microsystem Technology by Michael Kohler.
Some technical journal papers.

Books that have had an impact on me:
Fountainhead by Ayn Rand.
To kill a Mocking Bird by Harper Lee.
Animal Farm by George Orwell.

And to carry on the baton:
Well, it appears that some unknown people have a laid down a rule that I could pass this on to only 5 other. So, I request Woaaooww, SP, Vitalstatistix, M., Misha to carry on the good work :)

P.S: for those new to blog-tagging (yeah, Im already an expert because I have already finished one) you have to pass this on to 5 others withing 15mins of reading this or thou shalt lose access to your blog :)) Believe me I never thought this would happen but it happened to me and I had to appease the creators and the Blog deity by sacrificing one of my blogs :P

12 comments:

Prashanth said...

Aaaaargggh... why, why me? Okay, okay, I guess I'm supposed to be flattered... I shall put it up in a day or two...

Hey... I never knew we had similar tastes in reading... Raymond Feist, R A Salvatore... apart from Crichton, who i guess is a common favorite.

Unknown said...

Et tu...

sensiblystoned said...

SP: yeah i noticed that in your favorite authors list in your profile :) Ive just taken up Salvatore though and I liked his Icewind dale trilogy. But im still thinking about reading more Forgotten realms or moving onto something else.

Krips: of all the means to get in touch with!!! yup me too :))

Prabha said...

hi SS!!
Ayn Rand had a lot of impact on me too..was thinkin a lot about the whole thing for weeks..
This was when I was in college
Now I dunno how far I can relate to it though...

m. said...

hullo! forgot to tell you... the list is up :)

sensiblystoned said...

Vitalstatistix: I havent started reading it yet but I love Crichton, so even if he throws in an entirely techy book like airframe im still gonna gobble it up.

Prabha: Me too, I read Ayn Rand when I was in undergrad. Maybe you need to give it a shot again.

M.: Thanks for sparing my life :)

wookie said...

heya how ya doing?I like 'Fountainhead' and Catch 22 on your list. Have read Animal Farm but was repulsed by it. Started reading 'To kill a mocking bird' but couldnt go past the first few pages cos of some intrusion-should read it sometime.

sensiblystoned said...

hey wookie long time no see. partly bcoz i was absent from the blogging world too. you were repulsed by animal farm? i think it has so much pertinence to whats happening around the world even today. to kill a mocking bird.....i absolutely loved the book. im sure a friend of mine somewhere would have a smirk on her face that would say something like "i told u so". give it a shot again.

Vetti Guy said...

I am a big fan of Crichton myself but I thought Prey was slightly poor by his standards.Animal farm wasnt all that great either.Orwell tried some allegory thing I suppose but I wasnt all that impressed.Catch-22 and Beautiful minad were really good.I am yet to read To kill a Mockingbird but I need to get the book from Vitalstatistix first :-)

And even I love Amar chitra katha, tinkle, gokulam etc.Still read them if I can get hold of one.

m. said...

come on... long time no post! :(

wookie said...

I was repulsed by the story.
"four legs good,two legs better"- will nevr forget that.

sensiblystoned said...

Mystic & wookie: Neither of you dont seem to like Animal Farm :) I always thought that animal farm had so much relevance to how society is being run today. You know, mass propoganda and brain washing. How people are tuned to believe that fair and tall is the only norm for beautiful people and bigger is always better. Thats perhaps my greatest reason for liking animal farm, its relevance even today.

M.: just going through a generally-disillusioned-with-life phase. Could find nothing to do that would motivate me :) Thats why no activity. Hopefully should get out it soon.

Wooaaooww: thalai sonna seri :P